In 1879, four men saw the need for a place of worship in their community and answered God’s call. Thus, Lattisville Grove Missionary Baptist Church, affectionately known as LGMBC, was created. Although it was created from meager beginnings, LGMBC has consistently grown and served the community. Over the years God has blessed LGMBC with major accomplishments that were used to propel LGMBC forward into the ministry that is today.
On March 17, 2002, Pastor George Crews, III was installed as pastor of LGMBC. Pastor Crews came to LGMBC with a vision of new ministries for the church family. In the short period of time that Pastor Crews has been here, God has caused an increase to the church in many areas. In 2007, LGMBC began conducting two Sunday Worship Services (8 am and 10:45 am) to accommodate the growing congregation.
Lattisville Grove Missionary Baptist Church continues to grow in membership which is attributed to the power of the Holy Spirit and Lattisville Grove Missionary Baptist Church’s firm stand on the principles of God’s Word.